Thursday, November 5, 2009

GETTING STARTED!

I have been thinking about starting a blog like this for a little while, and after having a coupon class with some family members I decided to go for it. It was said that we needed to come up with some way to share deals between each other and help each other out. So, here I go! I hope to get lots of comments and support from family and friends as you find good deals around Idaho Falls and other areas. Most of my knowledge has been figured out by trial and error, and is really limited to the Idaho Falls area. Mostly Albertson's and Smith's with a little bit of Walgreen's. If you have other information from around the country please feel free to share. I will do my best to update regularly, but most of the postings are going to be ones I have found from other bloggers and web sites and may not have been tried out by me. (Thus the "filter" in the title) I figure since I am looking for good deals for myself and family, I may as well share what I find. I hope this helps a few of you out, feel free to ask questions if you have any and I will do my best to answer!

So, to start with I am going to start at the very beginning. I found out about couponing from a friend who was just starting out. I was floored when she said that she got FIVE Sunday newspapers! After some explaining, I quickly go very interested, and decided to just jump right in. I got home, called the Post Register (local newspaper) and asked for the coupon deal. I get a newspaper every day of the week (minus Monday since they don't put out a Monday paper) and five Sunday papers for only $17.00 a month when on auto pay (I believe it is $20.00 if not on auto pay). I then headed to Walmart and bought a binder, followed by Target for some baseball card holders. It was kind of crazy, but I started that next Sunday and have been couponing ever since.

I am going to try and put the entire process of getting set up to coupon in a few posts over the next few days so that you don't get overwhelmed or confused. Most of the first posts will be a repeat from what Shannon taught at the class the other night. To view her blog go here . She did such a good job, but it was done quickly and so hopefully the review will help.

Again, I hope you will post deals and comments you have and that we will be able to help each other find deals and learn the ropes

No comments:

Post a Comment