Saturday, November 7, 2009

HERE WE GO!

All right, first things first. So I have to give a shout out to my mom and Jana for going out the other day with coupons and giving it a try. WAY TO GO!

So moving on, to start with I would highly recommend reading this post Couponing 101 by Krazy Coupon Lady. She does a great job at explaining how to get set up. She helps you become a KCL in 10 days, so hopefully that will give you some good information.

When she talks about coupon organization there are a lot of different ways people organize their coupons. I have chosen the "BINDER" method and LOVE IT! (If you decide to organize with the binder method, I have only been able to find the baseball card holders at Target here in IF. They are located right by the end of the cash registers along with the baseball card.) It does take a bit of time in advance, but once I get to the store I am ready to go. I usually spend about 1 hour clipping and filing my coupons a week. There is no right or wrong way, just use what works for you. Go Here for a video of how to set up a binder, and also for a list of possible catagories you might want to use. I use the more basic one.

I would also recommend getting multiple copies of the paper. The Post register has a deal for weekly papers along with five on Sunday. The Internet is also a great way to get coupons, but can get pricey with ink. Print in only black (the black ink is cheaper), use scrap paper, and make sure your printer settings are set to print with the least amount of ink. Remember you can usually print the coupons twice. (select your coupons, hit print, then after they finish printing, hit back, and then F5 to refresh the page and they should begin to print again.

Finally, I would recommend getting on Pinching Your Pennies and just browse. There is so much to the site, and the only way to learn is with reading! I started by just reading a little bit a day, usually in the time it took for me to feed Dreyken a bottle, and I am still learning new things.

Just don't burn yourself out! and Have Fun!

4 comments:

  1. Courtney, I'm excited that you started a blog. I will definitely be checking it out and commenting about any good deals I find. I love Pinching Your Pennies and Krazy Coupon Lady too. It's nice to be able to look at other blogs and see the scenarios they do instead of figuring it out on my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy. I know you always have cute craft ideas and digital scrapbooking pages. Please let me know of anything good you find and want to share, or if you know of any other good websites to put on here as well! I'm really excited and hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to comment about this great deal on light bulbs, and good ones too! I just picked up 4 packs of GE light bulbs for $2.56 + tax. Use 1 Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon. Pretty sweet deal. Here are the sites I got them at.
    http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qj5keqo19071560&bt=vg&o=59421&c=GE&p=J7YXwCex
    http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=13903&nid=10&zid=xh20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! That seems like a really good price to me!

    ReplyDelete